Monday, March 30, 2020

What do you do when you're stuck at home, isolating as much as you can?  You sew!  OK, the correct answer should be 'clean the house', but I'm so over that!  I cleaned last weekend, and it just got dirty again, so why bother???  I did go to the store on Saturday, and picked up a to-go order at Joanne's but other than that, we all stayed home.  Alex and I straightened up the patio, now that the painting's done, but that was about it for 'home improvements' this weekend for me.

I found a pattern for face masks on Joanne's website - easy and fairly quick to make (about an hour total - if I was make a lot at one time, the individual time per unit would be different.)  Joanne's has free fabric kits available to make masks to donate, and they sold out of elastic pretty quickly - the new pattern has ties now, instead of elastic.  The masks are not medical grade, but are better than nothing for front line staff.  When I stopped to pick up my to-go order, they looked like they were doing a booming business.

Here's the mask I made - the fabric is what I got for the lining for a new Mondo bag. 


And here's the fabric I got for the Mondo bag.  If this one turns out well, it's going to Margene.


Here are my first quilt blocks for the Quilt Club.

No comments: