Monday, March 23, 2020

The trim is going on!  Chris was over on Sunday and started the trim work - we have rain coming in today, so he wanted to get started.  I like it!!!

We did break quarantine Saturday night - Meredith and Chris came for dinner.  I figured Chris had been here all day talking to Ralph already, (and they shared more than a few beers after Chris finished painting) so having them for dinner wouldn't make much more difference (and Chris didn't have to drive home).  We did have one more confirmed case of COVID19 in Redding on Sunday, and more in surrounding counties, so this was our last dinner party for a while, I think.



Alex and I took the dogs for a walk on Saturday, and the black swallowtails were out in force!




And the poppies are blooming....


And the ducks are nesting, we think.  There is a female here, but hard to see due to her camouflage.  We didn't disturb them much - hopefully we will be able to see baby ducklings.


Cindy called Sunday morning, and we had a nice chat.  Quite often, I pull weeds when we talk (and that's about the only time I pull weeds - when I'm on a phone call!) and I took a picture of my bucket after the call - that's a lot of weeds!  (or just a lot of talking????)  Cindy was quite envious - both of the amount of weeds I pulled, and of the flowers in the corner of the picture.  She still has snow on the ground at her house.


No comments: