Thursday, March 05, 2020

And here's our group of volunteers at NSCL!  All MBOC employees (though two of them I had never met until then...we've gotten so spread out, I don't see everyone anymore!)


Alex and I are gaining confidence on starting new projects around the house.  He suggested the "we" try to fix the door nob on the guest house this weekend.  Of course, knowing the Chris can come along behind us and 'really' fix it is comforting, but I'm going to give it a try!  

Last weekend Alex and I started working on my fountain.  We got an over-abundance of leaves in it this last winter, and that caused all sorts of problems.  The water flow slowed down to a trickle.  Chris fixed it once, but since I didn't fix the underlying problems, it got clogged again, and the algae built up because there was limited water flow, so....Alex and I tackled it, and we won!  (Not without a few missteps along the way, but we're learning!)  I still have more leaves to get out, but they are down to a manageable number now at least.  It's oddly satisfying to vacuum leaves out of the bottom - now that I can see the bottom!

No comments: