Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Take time to smell the roses...


Yesterday, I grabbed a quick lunch break outside - the first time in over a week.  (I think Easter Sunday I quit work at 4:00 to go outside.....and last Saturday I quit at 5:00 to go mow the lawn.....)  Since we started working from home, I've been putting in 10-12+ hour days, but....we did it!  In just over 7 days, my department prepared loan documents for over $125,000,000.00 in loans through the Paycheck Protection Program.....That's a lot of zeros!  (and a lot of loans!)  We had a total of 454 loans approved by SBA, and started preparing loan docs late Monday, 4/13, and finished before noon on Tuesday 4/22.  We are just a part of large group effort - the approval process took it toll on the SBA department, and all of those loan docs had to go out for signature, come back in, get reviewed, and then get funded.  We now have the monumental task of inputting all of those loans into the computer system, so our work isn't done.  And by the way, they are signing a new bill to put more money into the program.....sigh.

No comments: