Friday, April 03, 2020

Another 'new normal' - I'm officially working from home.  I brought home a laptop last night and it's set up in the guesthouse.  I couldn't log in last night, so there may be a few bugs still to work through.  And this comes at a time when the headlines are all....

Not a good time to not be able to log in to work.  Last night at midnight was the official opening date for the Paycheck Protection Program through SBA for employers.  It was evidently NOT the deadline for SBA to give banks the SOP for the program.  Alex said he was busier yesterday handing out applications for the program than he was as a teller - and we, as the bank, don't know how to turn those applications in.  The employers are desperate for the money, the bank really wants to get the funds out into the communities, (because, trust me - we won't make any money off of them - the rate keeps changing.  The last rate I heard was 1.0% interest on these....not going to help my profit sharing....) but...it's not looking good so far.  We also probably have more applicants than we have allocated funds for already - even before they could officially apply.  and did I mention that the SBA application site crashes even on slow days?  And the White House is saying customers can apply and gets funds on the same day......today.  Maybe it is a good time to not be able to log in to work.

No comments: