Monday, August 16, 2021

Yuck!  The air quality is horrible right now!  I know we aren't a bad as some places closer to the fires, but I'd like a breath of fresh air, please!  Our AQI was 191 at 6:30 in the morning!!!  Added to that, it was then 115 degrees (!!!!) with an AQI of 199!  



I skipped mowing last week because of the smoke, so either had to mow this weekend, or next weekend I would need a hay baler for the back yard, so braved the smoke and the heat to mow.  (The back yard grass proves that the grass really IS greener over the septic tank, or at least the leech lines.....)  The front yard hadn't been mowed in over a month, since that grass doesn't do well in the heat, but....because of the heat, the sycamore trees are stressed and dropping leaves, so I had to rake leaves in the front, and then mow - and it was already 90 degrees at 9:00 a.m.

No comments: