Wednesday, August 04, 2021

Once I got back from vacation and got the house put back in order and caught up on everything, I tackled fixing my quilt block.  Here's what I have done so far for the Barn Stars quilt.  I have the fabric for the next month cut out and ready to sew, and I think the next block is already in the mail.  Good thing no one is actually checking up to see that you actually make the blocks each month they send it!  I would be an epic fail.


Fixing my errors went well, so I tackled a new apron for Margene.  It's reversible - one side is "Avacado Toast" and the other is all aprons - appropriate for the "collector of aprons" that Margene is!  While I was visiting her she asked if I could make her another apron, and the answer was "of course!".  I had great plans to make aprons as Christmas presents for all the siblings a few years ago, but didn't follow through.  Maybe this year I will!





And....I started a new quilt.  This one is designed to showcase the actual quilting, not the piecing, so I'm going to attempt some fancy quilting.  Notice I say "attempt"....I am so intimidated by the actual quilting that it keeps me from trying, so....new challenge issued!  I will quilt this!  It might not be perfect, it might not be "professional", but it will be quilted!  Of course, first, I have to actually get the quilt top put together, get fabric for the backing and the batting, get it all pinned together and basted so it stays together, etc..  All that before I tackle that challenge, so it is still a work in process....

 

No comments: