Monday, August 23, 2021

A week ago, Kendra (aka Alex's boss) found herself as a new dog mom.  Her husband had gone out with the SWAT team as medical support for grow bust, and someone found an abandoned puppy in a backpack/bag.  First came a picture on her phone of someone else holding the puppy, then a picture of Scot holding the puppy, then a picture of the puppy in Scot's lap...in Scot's car.....

The puppy (named Tote) is a male, about 16 weeks old, and a chihuahua mix of some sort.  Kendra mentioned to Alex that he was so much smaller than Daisy - her current dog - that she was going to have to carry him a lot when she walked Daisy, even when he was fully grown.   So....AJ asked if I could make a tote for Tote......

AJ picked out a pattern on Etsy, and I spent the weekend trying to figure out how to put it together!  A few new techniques for me, as I'm not really up on "sewing".  Quilting is a whole different set of skill sets!  But, I got it put together, and I think it's adorable!




This is the picture from the pattern - we elected to just put fur trim in the opening - a little less feminine, and....I messed up and got the wrong amount of fur....
 


No comments: