Wednesday, February 10, 2021

The mound of mulch doesn't look that big, but Sunday I dug out the remains of the sycamore tree in the front yard and moved it to the new chicken yard.  (It seemed a lot bigger when you have to dig it out!)  The biggest problem is that the mulch is sitting on top of the rocks, so, while the top part was easy - nice and fluffy mulch - once I dug down a bit, I was having to dig around and through rocks.


And here's the new chicken yard, before.  I put pavers down by the end by the fence, creating a "yard" of sorts (pavers are in the wheelbarrow in the foreground) and then dug and dumped a lot of mulch!  (AJ did come help for the hardest part - he showed up for the last few loads....)


I did have another helper while I worked - Picot sat in the window and kept me company.

No comments: