Thursday, February 04, 2021

After quilting Leona's baby quilt, I decided my sewing desk needed an upgrade.  As a "temporary" measure, I had set up my sewing machine on a spare table.  This was supposed to be temporary - until I figured out if the arrangement would work.  The arrangement worked, and the table worked great for standard sewing, but not for quilting - moving even a small quilt around with the machine sitting on top of the table instead of the sewing surface flush with the table makes quilting harder than it has to be.  (The quilt is heavy, and the stitches can be uneven when the machine has to 'pull' the quilt, so you are constantly lifting and holding the quilt up.)  I posted a picture of my new table before....but it was just sitting in the room.


I finally got the room rearranged and got my machine on it - what a difference!  If I had known it would make that much of a difference, I would have done it sooner....my shoulders, arms, and back would have appreciated it.


 Now I'm on a hunt to replace the rest of my sewing table/computer desk arrangement.  I found what I want, but....it's out of stock at IKEA....one of these days.....

No comments: