Tuesday, July 21, 2020

Road Trip!  Okay - as much of a road trip as I can do in a day, at least.  Since I'm pretty much limited to day trips, Chris, Meredith and I went to Eureka/Arcata on Monday for a day at the beach.  The trip over took forever - we lost probably an hour due to road construction.  


Since we were a little late getting started, and ran into a lot of road construction, we got into McKinleyville right at lunch time.  Due to COVID, the restaurants are all take-out now, so we started looking for a place to eat, and found a Fish Taco Truck.  The best fish tacos ever!!!  


Our view while eating.....


After lunch, we went out to Mad River Beach.  Neither Meredith or Chris had been there, and it'a beautiful drive there, out through the old dairy farms.  Lots of old houses and barns, and lots of dairy cows.  Mad River Beach also has a lot of sand dunes - Here's Chris waiting for us (not so) patiently....Meredith and I weren't quite as anxious to get to the beach...


I don't know which is better - a selfie with my sunglasses on and you can't see me, or one where I'm squinting, and you can't see me....









We put up our chairs and just sat on the beach, soaking up the cool.  Last week was close to 110, so it was fabulous to sit in the 62 degrees on the beach, and just listen to the waves!


On the way back from the beach, we stopped at an old bridge that is now a bike path.  Here's a view of Mad River.


And while Meredith was picking blackberries we found by the bridge, I found some thistles to shoot....


No comments: