Sunday, July 26, 2020

It's the last day of vacation - bummer!  I could get used to being retired, I think.  A trip to the beach on Monday, Book Club (virtual again) on Wednesday, and a kayaking trip to Whiskeytown on Thursday, with the rest of the day spent with Meredith - lunch (eaten on an outside patio), shopping (without masks!), and then dinner.  That evening, I went out with the Fisher fam to see the Neowise comet....and I saw it, but I think we were a little late to the party, it wasn't that spectacular.  I had binoculars, and could see it only with those (but then again, it could be that my eyes are just really bad...) Unfortunately for me, the next morning was a morning that Alli was up at 4:00.  Friday was a bit rough.....though Alli did get a nice nap in (I didn't!)

Alli was having a rough day yesterday, so I tossed her in the pool for an hour, and I 'rested' on a floaty in the pool.  That's doing double duty - watching Alli swim AND getting a break after yard work.....we were over 100 again yesterday - a bit hot for yard work.  But, the yard looks good now, and I don't have a lot left outside to do now.  

I did quite a bit of sewing this week - mainly masks, but I also got caught up on my Quilt Club quilt, and started working on my 'other' quilt.  It's been a while since I did anything with it.  I even did some reading - what a thought!


No comments: