Monday, June 22, 2020

It's back to work today - bummer!  I could get used to be retired very quickly!  I got a few small projects done around the house and yard, but sooooo many more to do.  I will admit that most of said projects were done early in the week, when the weather was better.  The back yard did not get mowed yesterday because it was 90 degrees by 10:00 yesterday - too hot for me to want to go mow.  Not that it's going to be cooler any time soon....I may just have to mow after work today.  

I did install a UV filter on the fish fountain yesterday.  I'm having a hard time keeping the water clear in it - probably a combination of the heat and the pump filter getting clogged.  I put off working on it "until I had time", by which time the water got bad.  Hopefully the UV filter will buy me some more time between cleaning the filters.....we'll see!

What I did on my summer vacation......

Book Club is this week, and instead of bookmarks, I made masks - kind of a sign of the times, right?  The book this month is American Dirt - a good book, but I didn't get very far yet.  I thought I would have plenty of time to read it while I was on vacation.....bad idea!


I also picked up the fabric for the Quilt Club quilt for June - it's coming along nicely.  Still not my favorite color choices, but I like the block patterns.  I would get rid of the red and green blocks, and do it all in blues and yellows.  (and may do that before I put it together - I really don't like the bright red one on top....)



Check out the frogs hanging out in the bottom of the planter....too cute!

No comments: