Monday, June 08, 2020

Another busy weekend gone...I swear Saturday and Sunday have fewer hours than Monday through Friday!  

I got a request from Leona on Friday for a mask, so I dug around in my odds and ends sewing drawer and found some elastic!  (The stores have been sold out since March.  Last time I checked on Amazon, the delivery date was two months later....so I went with ties on my masks.)   Since I had some elastic, I tried making a new mask - and she liked it!  I used T-shirt material for the inside - softer!  

I surfed videos this weekend for more ideas for mask, and one video I watched was titled "What we learned from making over 127,000 masks".  There was some serious mask production going one while I was tied to the computer doing PPP loans! I also ordered some on Amazon - and they promised 3 day delivery - the supply chains are catching up.  



I also found a new yarn - one that combined the scrubby yarn with cotton yarn, but I'n mot impressed.  The concept is fine, but next time is will combine my own, and I can decide where I want the yarns to change....


My "big" project this weekend was to spray paint an old baker's rack that I had.  The yellow wasn't bad when the house was brown, but I really didn't like it with the new grey.


But it is very striking in black!


We have baby water striders in the fountain!  They are so tiny and cute!  Ralph said he was going to pick up some goldfish today to add - we'll see if they survive.  So far, at least some of the snails we put in are alive.  There may be hope for goldfish.



No comments: