Saturday, December 21, 2019

I think this vacation week should be titled' things NOT completed while on vacation".  I failed to post on this blog, I didn't do any sewing (and I mean it!!! Nothing!) I didn't do any crocheting that wasn't needed immediately (and still didn't get everything done I needed), I didn't get to the gym once (though I did get some walks in with the dogs...), I didn't get my calendars for 2020 ordered, no Christmas cards done, and the list could continue...

I DID get the snowflakes for my department done, enough gloves done for my department and for Alex's office, cookies baked and delivered to several offices, neighbors, friends, etc., (6 different types of cookies!) I played secret Santa for 2 "Adopt a Senior" people, got my shopping done, helped with the raffle baskets at work, helped out at the annual staff breakfast at work (and got an hour of work in while I was there...) supervised Chris while he was putting in a new fence around our pool in the cold and rain (he was cookie tester....which he said was the best part of the job!) picked out new pool tile and surface material (the plaster is disintegrating in our pool - time to redo it...bummer.  Some of the tile started falling last year, so I knew it was time.)

I didn't get pictures of the snowflakes after I stiffened them, but here they are before that.  Two of them had to be redone after stiffening - a pin rusted on them, leaving a dark brown spot....


I had help wrapping my secret Santa gifts....


My amaryllis on the 13th, and then on the 20th....it's starting to bloom!



Alex requested a baby hat for part of his secret Santa exchange at work, so I made a snowman hat for him.  I had a little help too.


The first part of the week was bright and sunny - fresh snow on Lassen.  (The rest of the week was rainy....)



No comments: