Sunday, September 02, 2018

Alex is home.....know how I can tell?  My grocery shopping list doubled, and I had 4 'extra' guys here for dinner last night.  

AJ had Jeff, Wes, and the twins (yes, they have names - Donald and George - I just don't ever hear them referred to as anything but 'the twins'....) over for dinner last night.  Only Jeff spent the night, but the original plan was everyone was here overnight, which made logistics a pain...how do you sleep that many extra bodies around here, and try to shelter them from waking up at 5:00 a.m. with Alli?  I made them lunch (10 quesadillas total, plus chips and salsa, sodas, etc.) and then hamburgers and fries for dinner.  I offered a healthy fruit salad as well, but it was pretty much snubbed.  I forgot how much 'boys' can eat - and how much noise they can make.  

AJ rearranged my sewing room into a gaming room and we had 4 computers with the guys all gaming.  (Wes was only here for a short time, he didn't bring a computer)  Add some music to the mix - both AJ's and Alli's running in her room - some Pokemon' on Alli's TV, and a baseball game on my TV, and it was a pretty nosy evening here.

But, some things never change - water balloon fights in the pool!  (Alli was in 7th heaven with them all splashing around her in the pool!)


No comments: