Allison's Day Program had a field trip on Friday to the local Aquatic Center (which I still refer to as the Plunge, making me instantly recognizable as having lived in Redding way too many years! The Plunge was taken out and remade into the Aquatic Center in 1998 - AJ did his first swim lessons there, and when Alli and I did Mommy and Me classes, they were at the Enterprise High School.) The day didn't start out well, but Alli evidently had a blast once she got to the Center!
First, Alli's routine was off because she didn't go to the Day Program in the morning, but we followed our normal routine because I still had to go to work. She was a bit agitated once she was ready to go and we didn't actually go anywhere until 9:45, but settled down a bit, watching TV. Then, on my drive in, I got a text from the program manager - "Call me"....never a good sign. Turns out they had changed the time the group was supposed to be there but failed to tell her - a bit awkward I would say. Bless Feather's heart, she can pivot on a penny, much less a dime. Pizza was already ordered and they were going to eat lunch in the park before they went swimming, I just had to change the drop off location. Alli had so much fun that she didn't want to leave when Cindy picked her up. She actually refused to leave, not walking... Cindy finally got her moving, and needless to say, she had an early evening - 3 hours outside in our heat, much less swimming and she was exhausted.
No comments:
Post a Comment