Sunday, December 17, 2023

My chickens are spoiled!  I'm now growing sprouts for them - all sorts of seeds - millet, alfalfa, mung bean, wheat, barley, clover and more.  It takes 3-4 days to get them sprouted, and I got the cutest jar holder with fancy lids to do it.  The lids are strainers so I just add water and strain it out twice a day, and then sprouts!  I stagger the two jars so the one on the left is after 2 days and the one of the right is after 1 day.  They get half a jar daily.  I need to work on names for the chickens though - we definitely did not use our imagination.  They are called Goldie (the gold Wyandotte) Silver (the silver Wyandotte) Red (the Black Sex-Link with a really big red comb and wattle), and Blackie - the other Black Sex-Link.  It doesn't really matter, since they don't come when you call them (but they do come running if they think you'll give them a treat!)




 

No comments: