Wednesday, October 26, 2022

When Cindy and I replaced the light fixture in the kitchen, we found water damage to the drywall under the fixture - no bueno!  Jeff is coming up today to take a look at it - he was a drywall installer in another life (when Kody and Kolby were little babies...and they are 31 and 33 now).  Today is book club, and Kirby was coming up anyway, so it will be nice to see both of them, and hopefully Jeff can fix my ceiling.  He already gave me the disclaimer that he did the drywall, not the taping and texturing.  Cindy gave me a few pointers, so it should look okay when we are done - if nothing else, it will look better than it does now!!!



I still have to fix the ceilings in the bathrooms too - the light fixtures are smaller, so I have started filling in the holes (the pink stuff - it dries white), then I'll sand, texture, and paint.


I had a little help putting the spackling up, too....


The main bath needs a bit more help - the fixture doesn't cover the cylinder for the wires.  I've covered that up, and put some mud up - it needs more work, but that is on the plan for the weekend!



 

No comments: