Saturday, January 02, 2021

Happy New Year!  Welcome to 2021!  (And good riddance to 2020...)  2020 was not as bad personally for me as for others - we were some of the lucky ones - I'm still very glad it is over.  We, as a family, managed to keep our jobs, keep our health, and keep supplied with toilet paper, but so many others were not so lucky.  Between the ravages of the pandemic, the political upheaval of the election, the chaos of the BLM protests and riots, the job stress from all of the above, and just trying to stay safe and sane, it's been a long year.....

And on that note - my Christmas present from Ralph came!  (It actually came early in the week, but I didn't get a chance to play with it until yesterday.)  I got a new camera - a Panasonic DC-ZS200, which is a very fancy point-and-shoot.  I watched a 30 minute You-tube video yesterday that showed me all the options, and....iA (Intelligent Auto) will be my friend, I'm afraid.  I took it out yesterday (the lighting was crappy for pictures) and took a few shots.

Here's Koori - far in the distance, and then a crop of the photo - not bad!  The camera has 15X telephoto lens, so I can zoom in, as well as crop....




And....there is water in the seasonal creek, so we had to stop and skip rocks.....




 

No comments: