Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Here's my progress on the quilt - the pieces laid out.....lots of little tiny pieces....




And the finished blocks.  Not bad!  Most of the corners match up and everything!!!  The red block has a flower and basket handle to applique on, but Paula promised applique lessons at the next club meeting, so I'll save those to put on after that!



To off-set the time I spent inside sewing, AJ and I did a ton of yard work this weekend.  We have the trailer full of leaves, and two trailer loads of branches to go to the dump.  We cleaned out the pool area - taking out most of one bush.  I'm planning on putting a seating area there.  We pulled out the potting table that was there and moved it to the side yard.  




Book club this month is The Storied Life of AJ Fikry - I don't recommend it, it's bit boring.  Not bad, but not exciting either.  The pattern for the flower is here.  In the book, AJ tells Amy she reminds him of a dandelion - his favorite flower.  That was pretty much the best I could come up with for an idea for a bookmark.  As I said, it was a bit boring.  So boring, that I figured out I had actually read it once before, but didn't remember much of it.


AJ and I took the dogs for a run - and Luna found some geese to chase.....she was absolutely soaked from running after them.


No comments: