Sunday, September 13, 2009

One of the baby preying mantis grew up! AJ called me out a couple of nights ago to see one that was about 3 inches long. I took a shot of him in the rose bush - and then magnified it just a bit, so you can see it. One problem with taking pictures at night? The flash evidently attracts the mantis. As soon as I took the first picture, it was flying at me, landing on me, etc. #1 - I'm not that impressed to have it flying at me and around me, and #2 - it is hard to take a picture of something that keeps landing on the camera!



AJ is out at the airport this weekend, camping with the scouts. His troop put up the fencing for the Air Show coming up at the end of the month. Ralph went out and helped part of Saturday, but between the heat and all the walking, called it quits early. AJ checked in with us via texting, and they got all the fencing up on Saturday, so he is ready to come home early this morning. Actually, he wanted to come home yesterday, because he suddenly "remembered" some homework he had to do. He has all of today to do it, so I saw no reason to go and get him last night.

No comments: