Thursday, September 03, 2009

Did I say we were getting back to "normal" around here??? Talk about tempting the fates! Yesterday was a wild one!

First off - I forgot to drop Alli's backpack off at daycare when I dropped her off - which contains her lunch, extra diapers and clothes, etc. While I am sure she would get fed at school, the other items are pretty important, too! Daycare called me a little after 9:00, because they couldn't find her bag when they put her on the bus. Shoot! They did offer to come over and pick the bag up and take it to school for me, but that is way beyond too nice! I'm the one that forgot! So...I tell the only other person working in the department (!!! I need extra help!) that I will be gone no more than 20 minutes Really! As I was getting into my car, my phone in the office rings, and D picks it up. It is the school nurse for AJ's school. D told them I had just left, and gave them my cell number.

So....I'm off to Sequoia school, when my cell rings. Who would be calling me at 9:20 on my cell - everyone I know thinks I am my desk at that time of day. Well, needless to say, it is the school nurse. She has AJ in her office. It seems that (the nurse's story) he had been flinging his hands around, and hit his hand on something, and it may be broken. Could I come and take a look. I told her I was already in route to the other school, and then I would be right over! I made a call to the doctor en route to the school, and they were going to squeeze him in at 11:30! (I love hands free cells and pre-programed numbers!)

Turns out, AJ was 'play fighting' with a friend in between classes, and did a spinning karate move toward him, and hit an electrical box on the wall with his wrist (the sharp corner of the box, no less!). No blood, but...it might be broken. Took him in at 11:30 to the doctor, and....no obvious breaks, but X-rays are not conclusive, because he hit his growth plate area, and any damage to that won't show on an X-ray immediately. He is splinted for two weeks, and if it is still a problem, bring him back. He can do anything he wants, including soccer, as long as he is wearing the brace. That means he can practice with the team, but he can't play in games. (Ref's won't allow anything on the field.) Did I say "normal"?


Alli was having a blast in the pool this weekend - she loves to splash and jump!

No comments: