Friday, October 09, 2009

I'm glad it's Friday! Busy week around here! They all seem to be busy anymore! Added to our normal activities, Dawn, AJ and I stuffed 'Think Pink" bags Wednesday evening after work (and after haircuts for AJ and I!) This is the third year for me, and second for AJ. It is a boring, but satisfying time. This year, I didn't stuff very many bags - I ended up supervising! (Not a bad job, if I say so myself!) There was a Girl Scout Troop in to stuff bags, and when they got started, one of the leaders told me that they were all really good girls, but they all had one type of problem or another, their troop was for developmentally disabled girls, and might need a little help. I told "no problem - my daughter is autistic, we'll get along just fine!" Alli was invited to join their troop! The girls were great and stuffed plenty of bags! (For those of you 'not in the know', each year, about 40,000 bags of cancer awareness information and freebies are handed out on October 15th. We were stuffing some of those 40,000 bags with calendars, handouts, pens, etc.)

AJ actually survived a soccer game with no major injuries! They played Tule Lake yesterday (an away game, so I didn't go see!) They lost the game 3-2, but AJ said he played well - no one scored while he was in the game. I'm glad he is finally getting some playing time, and isn't injured!

Dawn, Alli and I are off tomorrow to Susanville/Reno. We are going over in the morning, stop and pick up Mom and head in to Reno to see Dad. Dawn and I hope to catch up with some people we know while we are in town as well. Another full weekend! Ralph is taking Dawn in to the Big Bike Weekend today, too! He has the day off, so I think the plan is for us to get together for lunch - fun!

Willey is camouflaged, sleeping on the couch!

No comments: