Saturday, November 20, 2021

I took yesterday off to get some errands done (and just to get a mental break!)  I even took the dogs for a walk!  Since we've had Ripley, we haven't allowed her off-lead in the field.  Yesterday, I decided it was time to give it a try.  Bad idea.  She (and Luna) took off like a shot and neither listened one bit!  I was counting on Luna at least listening to me, and maybe bringing Ripley back with her, but that was not how it happened.  

We have a pack of coyotes that live in the berry bushes in the field, and that is exactly where they went.  The good news - once they ran down and sniffed around, they did come back.  I had called AJ to come on his bike to try and catch up with them, since there is no way I can keep up with them.  By the time he made it down, they had come back.  Both were back on their leads for the rest of the walk!  (And Ripley will stay on her lead......)



 

No comments: