Sunday, July 30, 2023

I'm still working on a permanent shade solution for the chickens.  This was our emergency solution - the umbrella from my patio table.  It worked, especially if we moved it around during the day to adjust the shade are, but was definitely not a permanent solution.  


So the next semi-permanent solution is to set up a tarp in the corner for them.  I grabbed a pallet I had stored away, draped a tarp over it, and...it works!  It isn't pretty, but it is also not supposed to be the long-term set up.  I'm waiting to see if the chickens like it, and make any tweaks to the design before I make it "pretty".


Unfortunately, I also came up on the wrong side of the pallet....while I was setting everything up, I leaned the pallet against the fence and turned around....and the pallet didn't stay leaning against the fence.  Luckily it just scraped and bruised my leg, no broken bones....that was a close one!!

No comments: