Friday, February 24, 2023

 And we got snow!  It looks like we got a good 6 inches, and still snowing!





Yesterday was not the best day ever, but in the end it worked out all right. They’ve been forecasting the storm to come in, and I saw reports of anything from rain to a foot and a half of snow so hard to judge what was really going to happen. Then at noon before it even started raining, we lost power. Turns out a big rig hit a power pole and took us out and we were out of power until 8 o’clock last night. Since the generator and the battery won’t run my HVAC system , we use the pellet stove for heat in power outages and of course, guess who forgot to get the pellets that she’s been meaning to pick up for the last six months….

I made a dash into Lowe’s to pick up pellets because Home Depot was out and Lowe’s said they had 957 bags of pellets in stock and Redding, woo hoo! But when I got to Lowe’s, they didn’t have any in stock. The lady was kind enough to make some phone calls and found out they had just been delivered so she had someone  get some special for me five bags of pellets and carried them out to my car for me!!

Then we had to figure out how to get the generator going. It’s always hard to start when it’s been sitting for a while and it turns out it was out of gas. The fuel indicator line is usually a partial color, white or red and it was all white. I couldn’t remember if that made it was full or empty. Oh by the way, white is empty….  

Alex and I managed to get everything up and running and operating like it should and life went back to normal, making it a good day after all

No comments: