Sunday, October 17, 2021

And in the middle of everything else, I had vinyl installed in the sewing room/office/catch all room.  We had it scheduled prior to Ralph's death, and had the material delivered already, so kind of had to move along with it.  The original plan was to get rid of Ralph's huge desk (lots of workspace, but no storage - fine when he was working, but not so much when he retired) and his metal file cabinet, replacing them with smaller, more aesthetically pleasing furniture, and giving him more storage at the same time.  Since I no longer need a desk area for him, I just pulled them out completely.  One problem, I hadn't painted behind the desk when I painted (too heavy for me to move) so.....we called in reinforcements - Jeff came up and helped AJ move the furniture out for me.  Then I got to pull the paint out again.

More better....

Here is the room empty - just the ugly green carpet that has been there since we bought the house.

I ended up stacking some of the dog beds as I was trying to make room for all the furniture elsewhere in the house, and Luna liked it....all the dogs  took turns sleeping in the stacked beds.

When they pulled the carpet up, they found a problem - cracks running along the sides of the concrete.  There was also moisture in the concrete - not good!  Before I could panic, the installer told me there was a solution - a moisture barrier that they put on the concrete.  It added to the time to complete the job (it had to dry) and the cost, but....it did let them finish the job!

Otherwise - this is how my flooring would look....no vinyl!

And the moisture barrier goes on hot-pink, and dries red.



And the paint came out one more time - the floorboards had to be dropped down half an inch all the way around - the carpet was taller than the vinyl.  At least painting a half-inch around the room didn't take too long.


And then it was time to put it back together.....

 



No comments: