Tuesday, November 03, 2020

Sunday, I took a break from reality and went on a hike with Chris. (Reality was waiting for me when I got back though - laundry and house cleaning just don't do themselves...)  We explored the area around Cedar Lake and Gumboot Lake outside of Dunsmuir.  Beautiful area, and the weather was perfect!

Check out this huge cedar tree by - you guessed it - Cedar Lake.

This was the majority of our trail up - a 4-wheel drive road.  (Yes, Chris has 4-wheel drive, but some of the areas would have been too narrow for his Explorer - it was much more of a 'skinny jeep' road....and we went up there for a hike, right???)


This is typical Chris - I stopped to take a picture, and he stopped to look at a rock.....in his defense though, he left the batteries for his good camera home, so had to use his cell phone for any pictures - not nearly as good as his brand new camera!  He is a bigger rock-hound than my brother though, and that says a lot....

No comments: