Saturday, November 02, 2019

Back from the land of darkness!!! (And the land of really, really busy......)  Since my last post, I went to a wedding in Eureka (Emma and Ryan - such a happy couple!), had my department at work audited, spent 4 days without electricity at home, did a couple of site visits for a day center for Allison (cross your fingers.....) and then tried to clean up/catch up from no electricity!  We did have the generator going, which is wonderful, but it isn't the same as having power.  



The time of year isn't helping either - since I was really busy at work (did I mention an audit???) I was leaving home before the sun was up and getting home in the dark - not a lot of time to do anything about the yard and the wind damage.  Finally, today I was able to get out in the daylight and start cleaning up leaves and branches.  We didn't have any real damage, but the pool and the fountain have soooooo many leaves in them!  My 'monster' for the pool doesn't have a large filter, so I let it run for 15 minutes or so, stop it, clean it out, and let it run again.  It still has a lot of leaves to get out.

I did take advantage of the wedding in Eureka to get out to the beach.  The fog was just lifting off the beach when I got there (Mad River Beach - my favorite).








No comments: