Monday, August 12, 2019

What a weekend!  It was my high school 40th reunion weekend!  I went up Friday night (okay - Friday afternoon - I skipped out of work early...) and took Dave out to dinner.  Then I went to a informal gathering at the local brewery and met up with people that did not have name tags on.  My name-memory isn't great in the first place, and then to try to place names on people that I knew 40 years ago????? Not happening!  Luckily, Mike Hilton took me under his wing, and pointed out everyone (and I mean EVERYONE - he knew who everybody was!!!)  I admit though, I spent most of the evening talking with Susan Tangeman.  I haven't seen her in forever, and it was nice to catch up.  

Saturday, Dave had to work a couple of hours, so after he left, I decided to pull some of the really tall weeds in his front yard.  Once I did that though, you could see the medium-tall weeds.  So...they had to go.  And, you guessed it, once the medium-tall weeds were pulled, you could see the rest of the weeds.  I was still pulling weeds when Dave got in - much more than the couple of hours he thought he was going to have to work.  He helped me in the yard until Cindy showed up and we went for a walk and a talk.  Whew!  The three mile walk we did was much easier than pulling weeds!

We went down on the river trail below Dave's house.   I can't decide which of these pictures I like best.....



And I found a bumble bee on a thistle flower.


Then it was off to the reunion.  Susan was taking pictures for the group, and grabbed one of me....


And of the group - with Thompson Peak in the background.


Then the fun ended, I came home and did the laundry, cleaned house, etc. on Sunday afternoon.  I also worked with AJ to finish up the garage.  Even the stuff in the center is out of there now (the washing machine is out on the street with a "free" sign on it.)  


So today, for my day off, I did dump runs of the stuff we pulled out of the garage.  I finally remembered to take a picture on the next to last load.  We hauled off at least four trailer loads from the garage since we started cleaning it, but I think it was more....


But it was all worth it.  This is the view into the garage from the kitchen now....


No comments: