Sunday, July 08, 2018

I decorated the heads for 4th of July - sort of.....  My original plan included "Uncle Sam" hats in red white and blue, streamers, etc.  What I actually did - red, white, and blue pinwheels.  So close!  I do think I need to work on something for them for Thanksgiving though....maybe feathered headbands?


One of my new plants this spring is blooming on the fountain!  I panted a canna lily at the back of the fountain, and it seems to e thriving.  The only plant that isn't doing well this year is a hosta, and I thing it's because the dogs keep stepping on it.  Poor thing!


Ralph and I just spent a ton of money yesterday - in a very short period of time.  We've been talking about upgrading our bedroom for years, and actually getting a bedroom suite of furniture.  You know, things that match?  Our bedroom set was put together of his and hers things when we got married (1987), and I just never spent the money to upgrade (I mean, who sees your bedroom but you???).  We have a great mattress, so we kept the important things upgraded, it was just the furniture that is mis-matched and old.  Our end tables were ones we bought for $70.00 to just get us by until we found ones we liked.....in 1990. The bed frame is a waterbed frame the Willy built for Ralph in high school shop class (and he graduated in....1972??).  It was time!

The big push came because Ralph is doing dialysis at home, and we needed a table for the foot of the bed to put his machine on.  We used a coffee table that we had on hand, but it's too tall.  We started out the morning thinking we were just going to go shopping for a new end table.  By 4:00 yesterday, we had bought a Sleep Number 8i bed (California King split mattresses) AND new dressers, end tables, chest of drawers, and bed frame.  Today, we are going shopping for new flooring and paint......I love them all, but that was a ton of cash to drop all at one time!  I think I'm still hyperventilating.

No comments: