Wednesday, July 04, 2018

Happy 4th of July!!!  We are actually scheduled for a cooler day today!  We've been running in triple digits for the last week (107 last weekend!) so today with a forecast of 90 degrees sounds wonderful!  Now, since it was 107 last weekend, I didn't do any yard work - saving it for today.  That means that today I get to mow, weed-eat, plant some flowers, blow off all the sidewalks and patio, etc.  Larry, Pat, Pixie and Dan are coming over tonight for a BBQ.  Larry and Pat are family, but Pixie and Dan haven't been to the house before, so I'd like it to look "nice" for their first visit (after that, they are family too....)....we'll see how far I get on that project!

Ralph officially started his at home dialysis last night.  He brought home his machine yesterday, got it all hooked up, and it's official - he's on dialysis.  He'll hook himself up every night, and do 8 hours while he sleeps.  Luckily, the machine isn't noisy - except for some loud beeps during the night, I hardly heard it.  Maybe we can turn those down???? I'm hoping so, but if not, it's a small price to pay for his dialysis.  

Our crepe myrtles trees are gorgeous this year.  The first couple of years they didn't have much in the way of blooms, but this year, they are making up for it!



I have another set of block cut out, ready to piece for my quilt.  I had another set almost pieced together....but it's a 'do-over' now.  When I when to do the final piecing, I found I have flipped some blocks around, and need to start over again.  That block is going back to the corner for a while while I sulk.


Margene met up with Dallas and Gabs in South Carolina this last weekend - they are all looking great!

No comments: