Thursday, January 23, 2014

Tah dah!  I finished the four quilt blocks for the month....and the corners match up pretty darn nicely!  I think I'm getting hang of it - even the ones that aren't paper pieced match up.


My 'spa treatment' on Tuesday was wonderful - starting with the heated table to lay down on, heated blankets on top, and a full body massage - from scalp to my toes.....it was so hard to get motivated for the rest of the day.  I came home and sat in the backyard in the sun and read my book.  Lovely!  The spa (Urban Retreat) is on Park Marina, and backs up to the water.  The rooms are beautiful, and so is the view.

Then, I followed it up with a 10-hour day at the office yesterday (I left for work before 7:00, ate a snack at my desk around 10:00 - not even a lunch break!) followed by a meet-and-greet with the new Chief Credit Officer - my new boss.  It was a fun evening - lots of snack-y food, beer and wine, with a chance to mingle with the rest of the loan crowd.  (Most of whom I talk to on the phone, but never see.)  I got home last night close to 7:00 - a long day!  Hopefully today will be better - I still plan on going in early, but maybe today I'll get a lunch break?

No comments: