Sunday, February 20, 2011

We have clear skies and cold temps here today - it is 28 degrees at 7:30 - cold for Redding! I checked the cameras, and the roads are clear to Susanville, but they are covered in ice! I then checked the weather forecast, and more snow is expected tonight in Susanville, so - once again - my trip to Susanville isn't going to happen. I guess that means more cleaning and crafts around here! (Probably more crafts than cleaning!)

I worked on the afghan yesterday, and got the tree sewn down, and most of the leaves attached. My next step is putting the spots on the giraffes and sewing them down, and then making the clouds and sewing them down. That should be done today - then I will be done with it. I should never have started any other projects while I was working on this one - that would have made me finish it sooner!

I took a walk with the dogs yesterday - which is why I didn't get all the leaves sewn down. (Someone mentioned going for a walk before I was ready, and Koori was whining so loud I had to quit sewing and take her for a walk. They have now learned to spell!) It was cold and windy, but so nice to be outside after all the rain and snow.










We couldn't walk our normal amount because we can't cross the creek right now. Usually, we get a nice long walk. We had to settle for a short walk, and a long time playing in the water. I have no idea how they can keep jumping in that water - it is cold! I know the Labs are bred for cold water, but Koori is a cow dog, not a Labrador - she should have more sense!

No comments: