Monday, March 16, 2009



The RAV got a bath this afternoon. I left to go pick up Alex - it is windy and cloudy, but the streets are dry. About the time I hit I5, the radio announces 'flooding in downtown Redding, including Eureka Way". Guess where Alex's school is! When I pull off of I5 to go downtown, the windshield wipers could not keep up. The off ramp to go to the Sundial Bridge has what looks like a foot of water across it. Traffic was backed up on Eureka Way, so I decided to by pass it. I turned and went up West Street to Magnolia. Where West Street crosses the railroad tracks was underwater. Thank goodness I had the RAV- not the Camry! I took pictures while I sat at the light at Court Street and West Street - too much water! I didn't have a problem, the RAV has plenty of clearance, but we went swimming! The tracks had a lot more water than Court Street, but I didn't take the time to get my camera out there!

There is a black mass of clouds coming our way now. so we may get part of this cell too. This was the cloud when we came home, and it has moved a bit closer now.



The light (after the storm cell went through) was very pretty on the trees by the river!

No comments: