Tuesday, July 29, 2008

We had another trip to see Dr. Short yesterday! It seem AJ was "helping" at Dallas' house. They were being paid to wash Marjean's car, and break down some boxes on Sunday. AJ was jumping on the boxes (barefooted!) to break down the ones that wouldn't break easily by hand, and jumped on one that broke down easily! He ended up with what is probably just a bruised heel. Dr. Short couldn't see a break on the X-rays, but said if it doesn't heal in a couple of weeks, we might want to do a scan on it.


I finished up a quick little doily - about 14 inches across - called "Summer Doily". I used some of my new Clea thread, and it turned out quite nice!

Lucy has a favorite spot under the rose bushes! I think the cool air from the swamp cooler blows out right there, so she stays cool and hidden!
My poor confused flower garden! I planted bulbs for the Calendula (spelling? correct name? the plants with the colored leaves!) and nothing came up, so I planted a geranium there - figuring if anything could live there, it would be a geranium! Not long after it got settled into place - I got a couple of odd plants poking up. I did not plant dahlia bulbs! I got a couple of plants up though! Then - the Calendula started coming up! I now have a mish-mash of plants in my corner spot!

No comments: