Saturday, July 26, 2008

I think it is smokier now than ever! Most of the local fires have been "contained" but they are still burning, and the winds have shifted - blowing the smoke in to the valley, where it will stay until some real winds come in. Right now, it is just kind of drifting in - and won't go away! I've forgotten what blue sky looks like!

I did get some work done in the yard on my vacation - but I still didn't get my rocks moved around that I wanted. Maybe next vacation! (I really don't want to move the rocks - I just don't want them where they are now - in a pile in front of the gate to the back yard, where they have been for over a year - waiting for "someone" to deal with them.) I got all the leaves raked up, and the weeds pulled out of the flower area and the back patio area. I know, it doesn't sound like a lot, but for me it is! The leaves, of course, are continuing to fall, but it looked good for a minute or two! Ralph is supposed to mow this weekend, so the newly fallen leaves will get mulched up.

Allison's daycare provider is back to work next week! Yay! We did pretty good for the last three weeks, but ti will be nice to get her back into a routine again. I got a letter about her next school year, and it looks like her school will be from 9:00 to 3:30 - so she won't be at daycare much next year. I may have to take her to daycare in the morning for the bus to pick her up - I need to leave a little after 7:00 to get AJ to school in time for Jazz Band. I need to talk to Transportation and let them know that she will either have to be picked up before 7:00, or they need to pick her up at daycare. (I thought I would check with daycare first!) Ralph's company may be letting him work from home, so it may not be an issue - she may not have to have daycare at all during the school year.

No comments: