Saturday, October 20, 2007

Whoopee! They canceled the evening at the pumpkin patch! AJ and I were supposed to be out helping the Troop get set up and run the entrance to the corn maze, but it rained all day here. I just checked, and the paper reports almost 2 inches in most of Redding yesterday. Everything is drenched, and the creek close to the house was about over its banks last night when I came home from work, so I knew that sitting out in a field in the rain was not going to be fun. It is a warm storm, so we weren't going to freeze out there, we were just going to be wet - very wet and muddy! Of course, I baked brownies last night for the bake sale, and now will not be out there until Sunday, so really should make fresh brownies to take out for sale then, but that is a good trade off! I'll eat the brownies, if it means I don't have to sit in the rain! (I could take the brownies out today and help the troop get set up and everything, but if I show up, they might expect me to work, and I really have other plans! (yes, I feel guilty - I should be working out there, but - I'm not, and so there! I hate my conscience sometimes - nag, nag, nag!)

AJ is supposed to have a classmate come over today to work on a "major" project for Ethics. Evidently, they have to design a Greek God, complete with powers, genealogy, living quarters, etc. That is his excuse for not going out to the pumpkin patch to work. Since I really don't want to go out, I am buying this, but they had better get some work done! Tonight is the 25th anniversary party for the bank, and AJ is babysitting for me. There is also a high school reunion for Ralph tonight, and I am trying to get him to go to that. He can see the people I work with anytime!

No comments: