Thursday, January 16, 2014

I'm surrounded by sickies.  Ralph has been sick for several weeks, and (finally) went to the doctor yesterday.  They diagnosed a sinus infection, and sent him home with a prescription for antibiotics and cough medicine.  I think he only woke me up a couple of times coughing last night, so the cough medicine worked!

Alex had his first day of the Spring semester at college on Monday, and he could barely make it through  his classes - he has the fever, cough, joint aches, etc.  Not good.  Then....Alli was coughing on the way home from Sandy's yesterday, woke up this morning and started coughing and then threw up.  I think it was phlegm from coughing, but....even if it is, I don't want to send her to school.  I think I have an enforced 'sick day' today.

We had our book club meeting last night - The Vanishing Act of Esme Lennox.  We actually talked about the book more than normal (not that we don't talk about the books, we just get off subject a lot!)  I think it was because the topics are so relevant - mental illness, women's rights, dysfunctional families, etc.  The bookmarks went over well, too!  The next book is Rebecca - which is a classic I've never read (or at least I don't remember reading it - we'll see!)

No comments: