Sunday, February 06, 2011

Finally - today is a day of "shoulds" not "musts"! We had a BBQ here yesterday, so I cooked and cleaned like a madwoman in the morning, did my grocery shopping Friday after work, so today is reserved for laundry and other assorted 'things that should happen today'. If I get everything done before 3:00, I can just sit and crochet during the Superbowl game, and maybe get the afghan finished up! I have about a third of the leaves done, so I need about 60 more leaves, and the two giraffes and a cloud. Okay, maybe I won't get them all done, but....I'm trying!

The BBQ was a lot of fun - we had friends in that I haven't seen in years - other than at a funeral or two (bummer of a time to talk!) Back when Ralph and I first got married, we saw these people all the time, but...we drifted apart a bit. I think we need to have a few more of these BBQ's throughout the year! I'm thinking maybe again in April??? We'll see.

AJ was such a champ yesterday. Dallas spent the night, so the two of them planned on video games all day, but....two of our guests were in the 10 and under crowd. AJ got the 10 year old boy into a video game with Dallas supervising, so he was good, but that meant AJ had to find something to entertain the 3 year old little girl. I walked down the hallway at one point in the afternoon, and heard him talking to her. "Do you want to play with this doll?" (We raided Alli's room for toys for her.) How cute! What a guy - how many 18 year olds are willing to play dolls with a little 3 year old?!

No comments: