Sunday, August 08, 2010

What a week! I took yesterday off to just do nothing! I even took a nap!

We finally got Alex back from Jamboree - though it was looking kind of iffy there for a while. He flew out of Baltimore on Wednesday afternoon to Chicago, and guess what! Obama was flying between those places (he had his birthday party in Chicago - for a mere $30,000, you too could go to his party!) and National Security shut down the planes in the area. By the time the planes could leave, a thunderstorm hit, and they were sidelined another couple of hours. They held the plane in Chicago for them, which helped. They were scheduled to fly out of Chicago at 7:00, but didn't land until 10:00. They got in to Sacramento at 12:30 our time, and in to Redding at 3:30 a.m. Since they were up at 3:30 a.m. their time to pack up their camp on Wednesday morning, the boys had been on the go for 27 hours. When we got home, AJ was still wide awake (he had slept some on the planes and bus) and it was 7:00 a.m. for him, so he stayed up all day. I had problems staying awake all day, and I just missed a few hour of sleep - oh to be 17 again!

It's nice to have him home! He is off of his heart medication now, preparing for his procedure on Wednesday. Poor baby! His heart is almost always irregular and fast - about 140 beats a minute now. He went for a walk with me Thursday night, and we walked pretty slow. Last night we walked pretty fast - he said he is getting used to it so it doesn't bother him as much. It's nice to have a walking partner!



Thursday night we saw the largest snake I have seen in this area. He had been injured and his back third of his body wasn't working, but he was still motivating. AJ gave him a hand up on the curb, and he slithered off into a hole under some equipment. When we went by last night, he wasn't visible in the hole (he was when he first went in) so maybe he is doing okay!




Friday, the Derby girls and Emma came over and hung out with AJ. Ralph was off, so they were able to swim and play video games. We had a big BBQ Friday night - With the Derbys and the Fishers, we had 11 for dinner! I spent Thursday night (before I crashed in bed!) cooking and cleaning. Friday morning I got up and cut up a fruit salad and made hamburger patties, so I was pretty much ready to go after work. I didn't get home until almost 6:00, so it was a good thing I planned ahead! It was a fun evening - nice to see everyone. We need to do that more often!

I did get a little bit of crochet work done, mainly while life guarding Alli in the pool after work. My 'project' for my Yahoo Group was a pencil cup. It was supposed to be decorated with crocheted ducks, and I just really didn't want to go there. I showed it to Ralph and told him I was trying to figure out how to decorate it - maybe some flowers and a butterfly? He asked if he could have it and decorate it with some fishing flies. This is the end result:



Not too bad!

No comments: