Tuesday, August 10, 2010


I did it! I actually finished it! The colors are a bit washed out from the camera, but I finished it!

A heads up for those that come to visit - the guest house is occupied for the next couple of months! You are still more than welcome - we'll just kick AJ out of his room (not a hardship for him - he sleeps on the couch half the time anyway.) A girlfriend that I offered the house to a couple of months ago due to marital problems texted me yesterday. Patti is planning on staying until the first of October. Again - everyone is still welcome - they just don't get the guest house to stay in.

Yesterday was back-to-school shopping. Oh boy! Shopping with AJ is different. Like most men, he doesn't shop, he buys. He is pretty good about bargain shopping, but, if he likes it, he wants it. We also went to the school for Arena Day - picked up his schedule, signed up for a locker, bought his year book, etc. I say 'we', but the only 'we' was 'me'. When we walked in, AJ headed for his buddies, and hung out with them while I did all the rest. He did pick up his schedule, and then requested changes to it. (He wanted the same time period for classes as his buddies.) The rest was up to me while they caught up. They had a lot of catching up to do - he hasn't seen them since school was out. AJ also talked to the soccer coach about the possibility of him playing - or not playing - soccer this year. The coach assure AJ that if he was able to play, he would be on the team, even if he missed try-outs. AJ also asked him that if he couldn't play, could he help him out with the team, just so he was still part of the team. The coach agreed, so it looks like AJ will be part of the soccer team, regardless of how his surgery goes tomorrow. That means a lot to him, I know!

1 comment:

Hanna said...

Is school about to start already? Here in Sweden they do not start in yet two weeks. The doily is stunning!