Monday, July 21, 2008


I haven't gotten much done around the house this weekend, but I got a doily done! This one is about 20 inches across, and I used my new thread - Clea - that I got off e-bay from Paraguay. I like the thread, but is isn't one you want to have to rip out a lot of rows on. It has a very nice drape to it, but it seems to fuzz up if you rip it out too many times (not that I ever have to rip out a row or anything! I had this one finished and was almost finished pinning it out to block it when I found that I forgot one of the "shells" on the very last row. I was able to add on without ripping the row out and re-doing it.) The color is a slate blue - a bit darker than the picture shows.
All in all - it was a pretty unproductive weekend. I did remember to go to the Church's Trustee meeting (I forgot the last one!) but missed going to church. Ralph went for a motorcycle ride Sunday morning, and I didn't feel up to taking Alli to church with me. She has only been there for "non-church" activities, and I don't know how she will respond to church, and I just didn't feel like yesterday was the best day for me to try it! She will probably surprise me and do fine for a while, but I haven't taken that chance yet.
I still have great plans for things to get done while I am on vacation. Wonderful things like weeding the garden and flower beds, moving some rock around (that is last on my list) adding some more bark to the flower beds off the patio, raking leaves (yes, the sycamore trees loose leaves in the summer when it gets hot) I should be able to get those things done, and find a few more things to do while I am at it. I mainly plan on just lazying around, especially in the afternoons when it gets hot!
Wednesday will find me making a trip to Ft. Bragg to get Alex. I've tried not to call every night to see how he is doing, but it's hard! It is very quiet here in the evening - Alli and Ralph both start napping in their chairs after dinner. That is when I usually want to call him - just to check in for the day. So far, I have been good - just calling a couple of time. I do need to call tonight and confirm that Wednesday is still the plan! Joe was taking him beach fishing on Saturday, and has had him painting and raking leaves, etc. when he wasn't working at the clinic. He may want to stay longer - too much fun - or come home earlier - too much work!

No comments: