Monday, March 31, 2008

I did get some "after" pictures, so thought I would share. Mostly, they are of the flowers I planted. The whole garden doesn't look like a lot at this time, but....give me a few weeks, and I think it will be amazing!

Lavender Plant, Columbine and Pincushion plant


Hollyhocks along the fence, Poppy and Bleeding Heart, and the whole area.

My first try at trimming bushes! Actually, it is my third try with the trimmer - the first time, I managed to "trim" the cord for the electric trimmer, and a couple of years ago, I trimmed the camellia bushes in back. I guess you could say it is my first try at trimming these bushes! I did manage to trim up both bushes and not trim up the cord - I'm getting better! They don't look too bad - I like the "free form" look of them. I was afraid if I tried to even them up, I would keep trying to make them even until there was nothing left! There is a good foot of grass-free area where they had grown out that I trimmed.

No comments: