More progress on the RBD Challenge quilt. I have all of the blue and white pieces for the center made. Now, I "just" need to sew them together into strips of 7, sew those strips to the big quilt blocks, and then, sew the whole thing together. We won't talk about quilting it yet - that's a whole different project. My Bernina machine is still in the shop, so I'm sewing with my Allegra - my "quilting machine". I'm not going to switch back and forth between sewing and quilting on that machine - I keep forgetting a setting, which has been a bit disastrous at least once already.
If you forget to raise the feed dogs, which are dropped for quilting, the fabric won't feed through the machine, needed for sewing - it made a bit of a mess....and that was just one of the things I forgot. It took me forever to figure out why I couldn't do a zigzag stitch on it!
No comments:
Post a Comment