Sunday, September 15, 2024

Yesterday was a productive day in the kitchen, as well as around the house.  AJ and I made a dump run (he did all the loading of "junk" while I fed Alli lunch - a big win for me!) and when we got back, he helped me make kimchi and homemade pasta/raviolis.  I love the homemade raviolis, but the prep work is sooo much longer than the enjoyment part....a couple of hours to make them, and just a few minutes to eat them, but they are so good!  The prep work for the kimchi is about the same, but the results last a lot longer - hopefully all winter.    




It worked out well to do them together.  I started the ravioli filling first so it could cool, then made the pasta so it could rest. Once those were prepped, we started the kimchi process.  We salted the cabbage and started the kimchi paste, again so it could cool. The cabbage needs to rest for 90 minutes after salting, and that's just about how long it took up to get the ravioli rolled out and made - good timing. Once we were done with the raviolis we could make the kimchi.  And then clean up the kitchen - what a mess!!!

No comments: