Friday, June 21, 2024

Another new quilt, and it's another "mystery" quilt.  This is a "Summer Block Party" quilt, with different quilt designers designing each block.  The original fabrics used were in shades of red, white, and blue, but I decided to try it in shades of yellow and green.  That sounded great, until I started getting the block patterns.  Really leaning into red, white and blue....I'm adjusting the patterns to use the yellow and green - my "Melon Slices" are cantaloupes instead of watermelon, and I replaced the flag on the Lighthouse block with plain fabric.  We'll see how it goes.....  


Suggested fabrics/colors:


The first three blocks


Here's my Cantaloupe instead of melon slices.  I like how they turned out - better than the pink and red in the original, personally.


 

No comments: