Monday, April 08, 2024

Busy weekend! Cindy C. came down for the weekend, and I got a ton of things done, and still got in some good visiting!  Friday night after she got in, we went to Turtle Bay Arboretum and picked up some tomato plants, and on Saturday we picked up a few more plants at various places, including Wyntour Gardens and Home Depot.  Then, on Sunday, we put in the garden!  (This was after walking the River Trail Sunday morning as well - we got our steps in for the day - over 24,000 for me!)  After we got the plants in the garden, we re-did my drip system, using what I thought was soaker hose instead of the drip line that I used last year.  Notice that I said "what I thought was soaker hose"?  Turns out that it wasn't soaker hose, so we put in a whole closed watering system - no water getting to the plants. After work today I'm heading in to Home Depot (again) to get soaker hose....but Cindy got a chance to play in the garden and plant some flowers - something she can't do at her place until the end of May/first of June.

Here are some of the petunias we put in:

The tomato plants:

Cucumbers, Zucchini and green beans:

Green peppers, Jalapeno peppers, and more green beans:


 

No comments: