Monday, October 14, 2019

We made it through PG&E's blackout of California - thanks to our generator (and REU!)  The city of Redding had power, so it was work as normal for me, and we could easily get gas and groceries in town - unless you wanted D batteries.  I think they are still out of those.  Redding Walmart has an entire aisle of bottled water that they put out that was still up on Saturday.  Our generator runs our well, so we were fine for everything - water, lights in the kitchen, garage, and living room, refrigerator and main freezer in the garage, gas stove/oven and water heater - just inconvenienced.  I lost everything in the frig in the guest house - mainly leftovers. That and the cost of fuel for the generator for 3 days.  Still, it's a small price to pay for electricity.

It did curtail my evening activities.  Even though we had power, I still found myself going to bed earlier than normal.  Funny....

I finally finished the quilting on Emma's quilt, and now "just" need to sew down the binding.  Hopefully I can get that done in the next week....though I do have "help", as you can see...


Margene's birthday was last week, and I had grandiose plans of making her birthday present.  That kind of didn't happen as planned, though I did get it done yesterday.  Once again, my 'vision' of how it would look didn't work out in reality, but....it's okay, I think.  It's a reversible apron - one side poppies and one side apples.  I like the pattern - just not my color option for the pocket.  I have some other items gathered up for her present, so I'll try to get them sent off tomorrow....




 

No comments: